A progressive training program that complements the mind and body of the lacrosse player. Focusing on the educational elements of the game accompanied by speed and strength training specific to lacrosse!
About The Academy Program
Created to focus on the educational elements of lacrosse.
Our aim is to keep players engaged in lacrosse training and competition beyond the traditional lacrosse season.
Coaches from across Cleveland will participate in weekly sessions focused on both position specific development and team development.
Academy will include one day of lacrosse skills training
and one day of physical training per week.
Coaches with experience in all age groups, including college, from across Cleveland will lead intense practices designed to improve upon player’s current skill levels and prepare players to become highly competitive.
Participants will be assigned to one of two groups based on their current skills. Players will practice with players at the proper skill level.
Practice will consist of 90 minutes per week focusing on position warm ups, position specific drills, advanced drilling in regards to practice topic and topic team education such as clear, ride, zone.
When Does Academy Train?
2021 - 2022
July 11, 2021 - February 6, 2022 (26 Dates)
(1) 90 minute practice each week on Sundays.
- Practices will be held at Force Sports - Rocky River.
JULY 11, 18, 25 AUG 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
SEPT 12, 19, 26 OCT 3, 10, 17, 24 NOV 7, 14, 21
DEC 5, 12, 19 JAN 9, 16, 23, 30 FEB 6
One hour Performance training each week.
- Choose from a flexible schedule that works for you to build your athletic foundation
Age Group Breakdown
- Grades 5-6 I Grade 7-8 I Freshmen I High School
Tournaments are A La Carte & Approval Based
Tournament attendance is optional and completely up to each player. Only pay and play in the tournaments that work for your schedule. The majority of our selected competitions are located in the Great Lakes region to eliminate the burden of extensive traveling that you find with most club programs. *Players interested do need approval by Force Lacrosse Academy Staff for each tournament event.
July 31 - Aug 1 I Luck o' the Draw I South Bend, Indiana
Oct 16 - Oct 17 I Boo Bash I Erie, Pennsylvania
Oct 23 - Oct 24 I Boo Bash I Fort Wayne, Indiana
Nov 6 I Graveyard I Canton, Ohio
Dec 28 - 29 I DTown Classic I Detroit, Michigan
June TBA I Vail Tournament. I Vail, Colorado
What Are The Costs?
$795 per player for training program.
- $195.00 Deposit
- $200.00 by September 15th
- $200.00 by October 15th
- $200.00 by November 15th
Fees cover 26 practices & performance training.
Approximate Tournament Costs:
- $100 per player, per tournament.
These are optional! Attend just one tournament or all five. Whatever fits your schedule and budget.
Uniforms and Training Gear
Academy Training Pinnie
- Each player will receive a practice pinnie to be worn for each weekly practice.
- Cost included in program fee.
- Approximate uniform cost: $50.00.
- Will be available for purchase in Spring 2021.
- Uniform is good for all 2021 tournaments.
Performance Training Attire
- Players only need athletic clothing and shoes. No lacrosse gear, or cleats, is needed for Performance.
Our Coaching Staff
Played at University of Dayton (MCLA) and currently plays for the Cleveland Demons (IBLA). Assistant Coach at St. Edwards High School from 2007-2013.
Currently in 7th season as Assistant Coach at Baldwin Wallace University (DIII OAC). Specializes on mechanics, player development and transition offense.
President & Founder of Kelly MacLean Achievement Center
Kelley's unique background as a former College Admission Representative as well as a High School Varsity Soccer Coach provided the basis for the company. Kelly repeatedly witnessed high school students making mistakes in their college search: often resulting in missed scholarships, lack of acceptance at their choice schools, or ultimately switching schools/majors. Kelly realized how overwhelming the process is and how costly mistakes can be. Kelly felt there had to be a better way to help students with their unique path and formed College Recruiting Specialists which was rebranded in 2019 at the Kelly MacLean Achievement Center.
Kelly MacLean Achievement Center (KMAC) focuses on providing information and resources specific to each student. The goal is to reduce college expenses while finding the best college fit through strategic preparation including major selection and career planning, college selection, subject specific tutoring, ACT/SAT test prep, high school course selection, study habits, time management, FAFSA prep, admission deadlines, admission essays, scholarships- applications and deadlines, and continuing to work with the students through their freshman year in college to ensure their success in college.
Kelly is a certified trainer for John Maxwell Leadership programs, ACT test prep provider for several local School Districts, featured expert contributor for Stack Magazine and Stack.com as well as a member of OACAC (Ohio Association of College Admission Counselors), WISE (Women in Sports and Events), NCAA Compliance Forum, North Olmsted Chamber of Commerce, Rocky River Chamber of Commerce, Association of Sport Coaching Education, Former President of BNI Westside Connections Chapter and current member of BNI True North, previous board member for OFSA.
COLLEGE & ACADEMIC SERVICES
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Force lacrosse academy is proud to announce the addition of college and academic preparation services to our program. We will be partnering with Kelly Maclean Achievement Centers in North Olmsted. We want to take a realistic approach to college lacrosse and it starts by knowing where you stand as a player and a student. We also want to help our youngest players understand early on how important academics are in their goals.
WE WANT YOU TO FIND YOUR LANE BOTH ACADEMICALLY AND ATHLETICALLY.
If you want to change the lane you're in, we want to give you the tools to do so.
We are not here to just take you to tournaments and hope for the best.
We are educators working for you.
Force college services is a multi-pronged approach to your future.
PLAYER & ACADEMIC EVALUATIONS
- We start with base evaluation of strength and speed. We will measure your 20 yd shuttle, bench press, 40 yd dash, 3 cone drill and broad jump. These are standard measures of strength and speed. These will provide a baseline of your current athletic ability.
- Position specific coach game video & practice evaluation of position specific skills.
- Attack: Stick skills, shot speed, change of direction, field awareness & game IQ.
- Midfield: Stick skills, shot speed, change of direction, field awareness, defensive positioning, defensive approach, off ball play & game IQ.
- Long Polls: Stick skills, positioning, approach, off ball play, change of direction & game IQ.
- Goalie: Positioning, out-letting, communication, ball stopping with his hands, clearing, and game IQ.
- Face Off: Stance, hand placement, reaction time, clamping, exit, and quick clean ground balls.
- Meeting with both the child and parents to discuss the best options academically, socially and financially for college. A review of your current academic performance and direction for the future. For younger players we will discourse goals and the path to those goals.
Cost of the evaluation is $300.
Now that your player has been assessed and you have found your current lane both academically and athletically. We will help you down your path to achieve realistic goals. We will offer services to help you achieve those goals.
- One on one training with a position specific coach. 5 sessions $250
- Film evaluation and breakdown this film can also be used for recruiting purposes. This film package will consist of 5 one on one film break down sessions. Film taken at all tournaments will be copied and edited for your use in the recruiting process. $300
- Recruiting 101 - The ins and outs of how to get looked at by the colleges you are interested in. We want to show you an effective and not overly expensive way to find a home for your four years of college. $150
- These sessions will happen in our new players lounge at Force River.
- Group Test prep, ACT/SAT or COOP/HSPT, (4) 90 minute sessions. (minimum 10 students) $170
- Group Study Skills Session includes our proprietary planner and study guide book, (4) 60 minute sessions of 3-5 students. Perfect for students of all ages. $195
- KMAC Advancement Center also offers a wide range of services out of their offices in North Olmsted.
CLINICS & LEAGUES
For athletes that have never played and need to learn basic passing, catching, scooping, cradling, shooting
Intermediate basic skills and game play. Play with both hands. Dodging technique. Game play basics. Shooting for speed and accuracy. Defending as a team. Passing, catching and shooting on the run.
Advanced skills. Players joining the academy should be able to play competent lacrosse and is looking to develop his game to an advanced level of lacrosse.
7v7 format is optimal to increase the speed of the game and increase “touches” for the boys. This is following the move in US Lacrosse, US Box LAX and our National Youth Lacrosse training guidelines.
Younger boys need a field that is age appropriate to increase their development both technically as well as their “Lax IQ.”
GRADES 3 - 4 I 5 - 6 I 7 - 8 I 9 - 12
MEN'S Ages 18+ Summer League
How To Register
Kevin Walz Email: